How to start your own company
When you set up a new enterprise, there’s a lot to consider. How will you finance your business venture or company premises? As an entrepreneur, are you eligible to pay VAT? Will you operate as a sole trader, general partnership (VoF) or a private limited company (BV)? What deductions are you entitled to as an entrepreneur? In brief: questions that need a quick answer. We’re here to help!
To set up your own company you need to be well prepared. Here are some tips:
- Write a business plan
- Choose a legal form/structure (one-man business, general partnership, or private limited company and/or companies
- Register with the Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van Koophandel)
- Open a business bank account
- Apply for a VAT number (btw-nummer) and/or a payrolling number (loonadministratie nummer)
- Apply for permits and grants if required
- Get the appropriate insurance
- Set up your bookkeeping and accounts
- Set aside money to pay taxes
Work with us
Thinking of outsourcing your bookkeeping or accounting needs to us? Or doe you have other financial matters that we can help you with? Get in touch by email or phone. And we’ll help you right away.